The Fiber Optic Network is the heart of all network technologies that TELCONET owns. The extensive infrastructure has more than 15,000 Miles installed, to interconnect geographically dispersed data networks and to guarantee completely independent physical routes when backup links are required. It is completely composed by standard single mode fiber G.652D Corning Fiber type of the highest quality.
- Installed fiber optic rings G.652D/+15,000 Miles to January 2013
- Installed fiber optic rings G.652D/+15,000 Miles to October 2013
- Points of Presence (PoP)/+3,000
- Intercity Backbone Technologies/DWDM, SDH (MSTP), ASON, TDM, MPLS GBit
- Technologies Applied in Urban Backbone/SDH, ASON, TDM, MPLS GBit
- Interurban Backbone Network Capacity/Lambdas 160 (1.6 Terabits)
- Network Capacity in major cities/10 Gbps MPLS
- Next Generation Network/MPLS L2/L3
- Backbone Hardware/Cisco
- Last miles/Optic Fiber
The Next Generation Network (NGN) of TELCONET is a communications platform that enables you to access services from 1 Mbps to 10 Gbps multiple lambdas. In every city where TELCONET operates it has Cisco certified platform.
In data transport services, TELCONET offers Cisco MPLS L2/L3 technology for urban and interurban links,guaranteeing service quality and modernity to the network, additionally synchronous data channels Clear Channel SDH formats (E1, DS3, STM1, STM16, STM64) and DWM formats (1 Gbps, 10 Gbps).